Dr. Friend is skilled in psychological and neuropsychological assessment for the purposes of diagnosis and treatment planning, among other uses. Common reasons for psychological and neuropsychological assessment include:
- Diagnosis clarification (in children for such things as ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Anger, Defiance, Noncompliance, etc.
- Testing to recommend accommodations for SAT/ACT, college bound students and/or professional test taking (such as when sitting for boards for different professions)
- IQ testing (for various reasons including testing for adults wishing to adopt children, or to test for decline in cognitive functioning as a person ages, or where school testing is not possible but a parent feels their child may be eligible for school services that would not otherwise be provided
- Developmental Delays/Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Mental Retardation
- Testing for Dementia and other disorders where cognitive decline is noted
- Personality Testing which may be necessary for employment, or other reasons
- Psychological testing for persons preparing to stand trial for an accused crime, where there may be a question of mental capacity or other mental health factors
- Psychological evaluation for ACT 235 and/or employment in law enforcement
If you are seeking psychological or neuropsychological testing, please contact me to discuss how I can help.